Is there a market for (200) GEM 88T Bo Jackson RCs?

n05114

Bench Warmer
Hi,
today, I had the opportunity to buy a 200-count lot of 1988 Topps Bo Jackson RCs.
The cards were shipped directly from Topps to the dealer almost 20 years ago. I took a look at them and they are perfect. I would guess that most, if not all, would grade out at least PSA 9 and the lot is probably loaded with 10s.

My question for anyone who might know: What are they worth? What might they bring on Ebay considering they are Gem Mint, but aren't graded?

Thanks in advance. Jon

sliqwill

Veteran
1 (100%)
those actually dont grade out as well as one might think as they have centering issues as well as surface issues, id say standard ungraded would go $1-$2 on ebay, not sure what the graded stuff would do, as its been awhile since i looked into getting a PSA 10 bo rc...but if there are some 10s in there i would suspect that they would go $60-$100 each when graded

n05114

Bench Warmer
Thanks for the heads-up on the centering/surface issues. The corners and edges are perfect, but I didn't get a close look at the centering yet.

I think I saw where a PSA 10 went for about $50. This guy wanted $2 a card, but I was afraid I couldn't get my money back on that. Oh well, I'm his only buyer so maybe he'll come off of that price.

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
I would certainly come off the price, and how does he expect you to recoup your investment if he is unloading 200 at $2 each. Definately look at the pop reports for PSA and BGS to get an idea of what is out there.

n05114

Bench Warmer
I would certainly come off the price, and how does he expect you to recoup your investment if he is unloading 200 at $2 each. Definately look at the pop reports for PSA and BGS to get an idea of what is out there.
He doesn't have a clue. He's an older gentleman who owned a card shop back in the late 80s (when they were everywhere). He doesn't own a computer and we live in an area of the country where there's probably 5 card collectors in a 100-mile radius.

He just buys a new Beckett and thinks everything should go for close to half-BV. I think I could turn a OK profit at $1/card because they are in perfect shape. But I've never sent cards in to be graded so I'd most likely resell them raw.

-Jon

andy

Collector Planet Original
2 (100%)
He doesn't have a clue. He's an older gentleman who owned a card shop back in the late 80s (when they were everywhere). He doesn't own a computer and we live in an area of the country where there's probably 5 card collectors in a 100-mile radius.

He just buys a new Beckett and thinks everything should go for close to half-BV. I think I could turn a OK profit at $1/card because they are in perfect shape. But I've never sent cards in to be graded so I'd most likely resell them raw.

-Jon
I would definitely get some graded. I have a PSA membership and am willing to help.

andy

Collector Planet Original
2 (100%)
looking at eBay, some observations.

Raw: $0.50 - $1, whether in lots or indiv., I can see slightly more for a high grade lot, but $2 each would be a reach.
PSA 9 : $9 - $10, maybe slightly less for a floor price
PSA 10 : $35 - $50