It's been nice knowing you all...

redandpewter55

Prospect
but I just dug an early grave. :lollol:

So, the Manchester Orchestra/Cage the Elephant concert in Atlanta is Wednesday night. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love Manchester Orchestra more than Lindsay Lohan loves crack.

When they announced the tour dates, I told my friend because she likes them a lot and wanted to go. When the tickets went on sale I told her again and she said she had to go to her sister's graduation that night. I bought 2 tickets because I wasn't missing this show and I knew I could give the ticket away if I had to. I offered it to my buddy but he had to do research in south Georgia all summer.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I told my friend/co-worker he could have the ticket because nobody else wanted to go. He doesn't know anything about the bands except the fact that he has heard "Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" on the radio. This chick says her sister's graduation has been moved back to Friday and now wants to go. I tell her that's cool, but Tyler has my extra ticket and she needs to order one. I even gave her all the info she needed, she just had to order it. I remind her at least 10 times over the past two weeks because I'm nice.

This morning I asked her if she bought a ticket and she said no and she will buy one at the door. I asked Tyler if he still wanted to go and he said no. I then look online and see that its sold out. I tell the girl that its sold out and she gets pissed. She still thinks Tyler is going. She says she will look on Craigslist for a ticket.

This afternoon, as I'm about to leave work, she comes to my desk all pissed off because the cheapest tickets she can find are $75. She begs me to sell her my extra ticket because "Tyler doesn't deserve it because he knows nothing about the bands!" She honestly said that. She says she has dibs on my extra if Tyler backs out. I tell her that is fine, even though I already knew he backed out.

This is where it gets good. I call her best friend and give her my ticket. This chick knows less than Tyler about the bands and I just give her my extra ticket because chick #1 was being a dumb <removed>.

That doesn't seem so bad, but there is more to the story. Chick #1 used to like me a lot. Until she found out that I went behind her back and dated her best friend without telling her. She was furious. I thought it was funny. I think she even gets pissed if we talk to each other.

So, when chick #1 finds out I gave her best friend the ticket she so badly wanted, she will murder me. At least I'll get a good laugh seeing her reaction before she blows up the office next Monday.

:love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad

Bench Warmer
All this over bands where if it wasn't for you, I would honestly have no clue they existed.

redandpewter55

Prospect
I wasn't even aware they had a song played on the radio.
Cage the Elephant had "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" which you all have heard and Manchester Orchestra had "I've Got Friends" which was a top 10 song on the rock charts. Their new album debuted at 21 on the Billboard 200.